»I firmly believe that protecting intellectual property is key to success for innovative companies. With our vast experience in intellectual property law, we help our clients grow their business.«
Dr. David Slopek, LL.M.
Bar-certified specialist in IP
|Phone||+49 (0) 40 882 153 900|
|Pratice areas||Trademark law, patent law, unfair competition law, design law|
No matter if we talk about a strong trademark, an innovative business concept or a modern packaging design – whoever has created something deserves protection for this work. It is both my job and my passion to defend all kinds of intellectual property. The main focus of my work is the registration, enforcement and defense of trademarks. Moreover, I have extensive experience in design and unfair competition law (lookalikes, misleading advertising etc.). My daily work includes advice on filing strategies, conducting clearance searches as well as opposition and cancellation proceedings before the trade mark offices and civil courts. I also represent my clients in preliminary injunction proceedings and infringement proceedings before courts on a regular basis.
I advise clients from all industry sectors. However, in some areas I have a particular extensive experience, from mich my clients can take additional benefit:
- Pharmaceuticals and medical products
- Consumer goods
- Animal foodstuffs
- Prosecution and enforcement of a portfolio with 30.000 trademarks and designs as part of a team of “co-ordinating agents” for one of the world’s largest manufacturer of iconic confectionary and animal foodstuffs brands, who has outsourced part of the IP department to outside counsel
- Representation of an international pharmaceutical company in a major trade mark infringement dispute against a competidor before the EUIPO, GC and CJEU
- Conducting clearance searches and providing strategic advice in relation to EU trademark registrations for a renowned coffeehouse chain from Seattle
- Vast experience in representing companies from the foodstuff industry in preliminary injunction proceedings against lookalikes from both customers and competitors
- German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG)